Rafiq Islam, PhD
Soil & Bioenergy Program Leader
1864 Shyville Road, 614, Piketon, OH 45661
Ph.D. in Soil & Environmental Quality, University of Maryland, USA.
M.S. in Soil & Water Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
B.S. in Soil and Environmental Sciences, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
SPECIALIZATION AND AREAS OF INTEREST
· Climate-smart agriculture and agroecosystem services
· Organic farming of high-value crops
· Carbon sequestration, tillage, and cover crops
· Soil health and water management
· Marginal soil and biomaterial production
· Plant inducing for abiotic- & biocontrol services