I am a postdoctoral Research Associate at the Ohio State University South Centers, Piketon Ohio. I am also leading a statewide Extension signature program focused on soil health (soilhealth.osu.edu).
Ph.D. in Food Agricultural and Biological Engineering (FABE), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Master of Science in Water Science & Technology (WST), Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi, India
Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering, Mahatma Phule Krishi (Agricultural) Vidyapeeth (University), (MPKV), Rahuri, India.
Agricultural water and nutrient management; Design, monitoring and evaluation of BMPs for agroecosystem sustainability and environmental quality under changing climate; Field- and watershed scale monitoring and modeling of hydrology, water quality, carbon, and nutrient cycling; GIS-GPS applications and farmer-friendly software tools.
- Shedekar V. S., K. W. King, N. R. Fausey, ABO Soboyejo, R. D. Harmel, L. C. Brown. 2016. Assessment of Measurement Errors and Dynamic Calibration Methods for Three Different Tipping Bucket Rain gauges. Atmospheric Research. 178: 445-458.
- Baffaut, S. Dabney, Shedekar, M. Smolen, M.L. Chu, J. Guzman, M. Jha, M. Youssef, P. Gowda, J. Arnold, and J. Bonta. 2015. Hydrologic and water quality modeling: spatial and temporal considerations. Transactions of the ASABE. 58(6): 1661-1680.
- Gunn, K. M., Fausey, N. R., Shang, Y., Shedekar, V. S., Ghane, E., Wahl, M. D., Brown, L. C. 2015. Subsurface drainage volume reduction with drainage water management: Case studies in Ohio, USA. Agricultural Water Management. Vol. 149.
- Ghane E., Fausey, N.R., Shedekar, V.S., Piepho, H.P., Shang, Y., and Brown, L.C. 2011. Crop yield evaluation under drainage water management in Ohio. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 67(6): 465-473.
- Shedekar, V.S., and L.C. Brown. 2017. GIS and GPS applications for Planning, Design and Management of Drainage systems. Agronomy Monographs, Precision Conservation: Geospatial Techniques for Agricultural and Natural Resources Conservation, 59. doi:10.2134/agronmonogr59.2013.0026