U.S. Department of Labor Seminar
Join the Ohio State University South Centers Ohio Small Business Development Center as they host a U.S. Department of Labor Information Seminar. Every day the Wage and Hour Division, EEOC, and EBSA conduct investigations of businesses. If wage violations are found, can these result in penalties to you? In the case of repeat violations, the employer will also be assessed civil money penalties, liquidated damages, and/or the employer may be placed under a U.S. District Court injunction. The employer’s best defense is knowledge and compliance with basic Wage and Hour Regulations. U.S. Department of Labor representatives will share vital labor information and answer your specific questions.
The event will be held Friday, September 26, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. with registration beginning at 8:00 a.m. The fee is $25 and includes materials and meals. The U.S. Department of Labor Seminar will be held at the Ohio State University South Centers Endeavor Center in Piketon. To register, please e-mail Jennifer Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-289-1605 by September 17.
Seminar participants will learn the answers to the following questions and more:
· What are the differences between the State and Federal labor laws?
· What are the minor regulations under FLSA?
· How do you handle breaks, meal periods, or holiday pay?
· Does salary mean no overtime?
· Are there conflicts between the ADA & FMLA?
· What can I ask in the interview process according to the ADA?
· What do I have to do under COBRA and ERISA Title 7?
· What are the time limits for 401(k)?