Government facilities such as prisons, youth detention centers and food service operations for government-owned buildings can be another marketing outlet. Once you contact the buyer, provide them with information about all of your products, seasonal availability, volumes, packing and processing, as well as delivery options.
- Prisons do not require processed foods because they can process items on-site.
- Steady year round markets and consistent order volumes.
- Allows for medium and high volume sales in your community and across the state.
- Farm may need to deliver very high volumes.
- Farm may be required to carry additional liability insurance or third party food safety certifications.