Business Development Specialist
Informational videos produced by The Ohio State University South Centers have provided an excellent avenue for various educational programs to serve clientele, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The team of Duane Rigsby, Sarah Swanson, and Patrick Dengel produce a variety of educational and promotional videos on topics related to agriculture, business, and community programs.
These videos range from 1-6 minutes, 10-15 minutes, and TV programming of 27-29 minutes. Several public educational television stations re-air these videos as well.
The South Centers YouTube channel can be viewed at youtube.com/southcenters
A variety of different programs throughout the year were completed on many College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences topics (CFAES). Some of the main topical telecasts undertaken monthly and semi-monthly include:
- Healthy Living Resources – topics on healthy living, financial and social topics
- Food, Nutrition and Wellness – maintaining proper diets and exercise
- Marketing Matters – assisting farmers markets with promotional content and sustainability
- Healthy Aging Network – ways to increase security and productivity of elderly
- Specialty Crops with Brad Bergefurd – hops farming and other vegetables
- Horticulture – Gary Gao and Ryan Slaughter on fruits, and South Centers’ research farming topics
- Forage Focus – informational videos on pastureland
- Tree Talk – educational videos on trees, woodlands, and forestry
- Southern Ohio Matters – community topics relating to COVID-19 and community planning
- Health Warriors Series – topical areas on keeping physically fit via dietary and quality exercise
- Culture Cast – 4-H CFAES agricultural students visiting other countries
- Pike County Extension News Update - topical Extension programs geared toward communities
- Other topical areas on community and educational formats
In other areas, the video services completed six success stories: Rio Healthcare, Tree Care Specialist, Autostyz LLC, Clagg’s Waste Disposal, Health and Wellness Bootcamp, and Kirchhoff Automotive.
Programming also included a number of educational “virtual ag day” telecasts in cooperation with the Pickaway County Farm Bureau and the Pickaway Soil and Water Conservation District. Some of the featured virtual ag day visits featured the Miedima Dairy Farm and the Wippel Family Berkshire Farm, a series on bees at Honeyrun Farm, and trips to the Ruff and Lamb Farms to learn about corn and soybean production.
Video Content is created both at the South Centers’ Studio, located inside the Endeavor Center, and at home studios. Because of the COVID-19 Restrictions, many videos were created using the ZOOM platform with guests and hosts.