Manufacturers have the opportunity to place high school and career technical students as interns in their manufacturing operations.
The Ohio Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) has created this internship program to assist manufacturers with their workforce needs and is providing financial assistance for participating Ohio manufacturers.
Advantages of having student interns:
• contribute to developing your future manufacturing workforce
• connect with schools to ensure students are work-ready
• be reimbursed up to 50% of student wages (up to $1,500/student)
How does the program work?
• We help you work with your local schools to select students for internship positions in manufacturing operations
• We will design a work-based learning experience with you that is school-approved and complies with state requirements
• You guide the student(s) through their internship experience
• You are reimbursed 50% of each student’s wage (up to $1,500/student)
For more information on this program, contact Bret Whitaker via email at email@example.com.