By Ryan Mapes
Endeavor Center Manager
Hope this note finds everyone safe and healthy. While the Endeavor Center remains closed to the public, it is open on a very limited basis to our tenants. Tenants continue to have access to their offices but most, if not all, are choosing to telework.
All meeting room rentals have been canceled through at least April 30 with the high probability of an extended cancellation period. Our goal is to provide at least a two-week notice of cancellation to those who have reserved space in the Endeavor Center. We will continue to evaluate the situation and schedule as we receive additional guidance from University leadership. As always, we are here to help and look forward to business returning to normal. Do not hesitate to contact the South Centers if you have any questions regarding facility usage.
Below are some teleworking tips for employers and employees:
- Have infrastructure in place. Make sure that employees have access to things such as internet, computers, phones, printers, and instant messaging platforms.
- Establish company policies for working from home.
- Communication is key. Frequently check in with employees to ensure that progress toward goals is made.
- Be flexible. Often things arise at home that are not present in the workplace. Be considerate and understanding of employee needs as they arise.
- Support wellness. Encourage employees to take breaks for exercise, to go outside or simply relax for a few minutes to regain focus.
- Maintain regular work hours and a normal schedule
- Schedule breaks and lunch away from your work periodically throughout the day.
- Establish a workspace that is comfortable and set ground rules for others who are home.
- Stay in touch with your co-workers. Set up a Zoom meeting, make phone calls or text each other throughout the day. Stay in contact as much as possible.
- Frequently communicate with company leadership. This is new to them as well and we are all in this together.