The Appalachian Export Development Program is an initiative for eligible businesses in the Appalachian region of Ohio that are looking to start or grow their exports of products and services.
The program will pair accepted companies with trained export advisors in their area to develop an export plan. Grant funds will be available to help implement the export plan.
Which companies are eligible to apply?
To be eligible, companies must:
- Be located in an Appalachian county as defined by the Appalachia Regional Commission.
- Not exceed size standards as established by the Small Business Administration.
- Not have been a recipient of the International Market Access Grant for Exporters (IMAGE).
- Have a product or service that can be exported.
- Be willing to be counseled by the Ohio Export Assistance Network.
How to apply?
Companies can apply by completing an application here. The program is seeking five to 10 companies. Companies that are selected will be contacted regarding next steps.
For more information, visit development.ohio.gov/bs/bs_aedp.htm.