2017 Ohio State University Hops Conference & Trade Show
DATE: Friday, February 24, 2017 & Saturday, February 25, 2017
LOCATION: Endeavor Center and Large Auditorium- PIKETON, Ohio
TIME: Start time will be 9:30 a.m. for Friday, and 9:00 a.m. for Saturday. We will have exact times on the agenda, which will be available by mid-December.
REGISTRATION: All ATTENDEES and VENDORS will need to preregister.
Due to the new location, seats and booth spaces are VERY limited this year, so we recommend you register as soon as possible.
ATTENDEE: To register go to http://go.osu.edu/OSUHopsConferenceAttendee2017
ATTENDEE Cost: $150* for two days, $100* for one day (see information below of what the cost includes)
*Note: this charge does not include the Friday Night Banquet and does not apply to the speakers and vendors.
Attendee registration includes:
- Speakers from OSU, other universities, growers, hops industry, ODA, and the brewing industry
- Lunch and snacks for both days
- Flash drive with presentations
- Conference booklet with vendor, speaker, and other program information
- Access to the Trade Show
- And more!
To see the ATTENDEE flyer, click here.
VENDOR: To register go to go.osu.edu/OSUHopsConferenceVENDOR2017
VENDOR Cost: $250 for Full Display
$150 for Display only
(see information below of what the cost includes)
Vendor registration includes:
- Paid registration for both days of the conference
- Lunch and snacks for both days (one per business)
- Flash drive with presentations (one per business)
- Conference booklet with vendor, speaker, and other program information (one per business)
- FREE admission to the February 24th evening banquet (one per business)
NOTE: You may add an additional person for an extra fee of $75 for both days, $40 for the banquet.
To see the VENDOR flyer, click here.
The conference will cover the following topics:
NOTE: Topics will grow as the planning stages of this conference continues.
- Disease Diagnosis and Control
- Pests and Beneficials in Hops
- Look at Hop Farms Across Ohio
- Processing Facilities –Food Safety Regulations
- Spray Application Technologies
- Hop Soil Health, Nutrient and Soil Quality
- Weed Control in Hops
- Hop Yard Designs: Which is Best for You?
- Hop Plant Nutrition
- Hops are Picked, Now What?
- Hop Yard Site Selection
- Hop Production Economic Analysis
- Proper Nutrient Sources and Timely Fertility
- Hop Growing and Processing Practices.
- On Farm Hop Variety Performance
- Hop Plant Propagation 101
- Spider Mite Management and Control
- Business Considerations for Operating a Hop Farm
- Hop Farm Liability Insurance requirements
- Brewing 101 for Hop Growers
For the full agenda of the conference click here.
There will be a social banquet held starting at 6:30 p.m. SPACE TO ATTEND THIS IS VERY LIMITED.
This evening is for attendees, vendors, and speakers and is geared for all to meet and network with each other. The cost is $40* per person. The cost includes entertainment, a full course catered meal, and a variety of beverages. *This cost is for attendees only. Vendors see information in your section regarding cost.
For hotel information click here. Note: Local hotels are providing a discounted rate for our group. Just ask for the rooms for the HOPS CONFERENCE.
For more information on registration contact Charissa Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 740.289.2071 Ext. 132.
For more information on hops contact Brad Bergefurd at email@example.com or at 740.289.2071 Ext. 136.