The Ohio Hops and Malting Barley Conference
& Trade Show
This conference will be held by The Ohio State University
DATE: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 & Thursday, February 25, 2016
LOCATION: Fisher Auditorium and Shisler Conference Area- Wooster, Ohio
TIME: Start time for each day will be 9 a.m. We will have exact times on the agenda, which will be available by mid December.
REGISTRATION: All ATTENDEES and VENDORS will need to preregister. All registrations will need to be completed online. Registration will be open by December 1st. We will post the link on this website. Seats and booth spaces are limited, so we recommend you register as soon as possible.
ATTENDEE: To register go to go.osu.edu/ATTENDEEHopsandBarley2016registration
ATTENDEE Cost: $175 for two days, $100 for one day (see information below of what the cost includes)
To see the ATTENDEE flyer click here
*Note: this charge does not include the Wednesday Night Banquet and does not apply to the speakers and vendors. Please email email@example.com for that information.
Attendee regisrtation includes:
- Speakers from OSU, other universities, growers, and the brewing industry
- Lunch and snacks for both days
- Flash drive with presentations
- Conference booklet with vendor, speaker, and other program information
- Access to the Trade Show
- And more!
VENDOR: To register go to go.osu.edu/VENDORHopsandBarlery2015registration
VENDOR Cost: $300 for Full Dipsplay, $175 for Display only (see information below of what the cost includes)
To see the VENDOR flyer click here
Vendor registration includes:
- Paid registration for both days of the conference
- Lunch and snacks for both days (one per business)
- Flash drive with presentations (one per business)
- Conference booklet with vendor, speaker, and other program information (one per business)
- FREE admission to the February 24th evening banquet (one per business)
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Overview of 2015 Hop Pests
- Management for Beneficial Insects
- Giving Hops a Jumpstart
- Collaborative Hop & Barley Marketing
- Overview & Managing Diseases
- Growing for the Brewing Market
- Planting for Profits
- Pelletizing and Processing Hops
- Mechanical Harvesting of Hops
- Malting Barley in Ohio
- Hop Plant Propagation & Sales
- Cover Crops for Soil Health
- Weed Control & Herbicide Options
- Management of Nitrogen in Hops
- And more!
NOTE: Topics will grow as the planning stages of this conference continues.
Wednesday Night Banquet: there will be a social banquet held at the Shisler Conference Center starting at 6:00 p.m. The cost is $50 per person. The cost includes a full course meal, and a variety of beverages.
For the full agenda of the conference click here.
For hotel information click here. Note: Local hotels are providing a discounted rate for our group.
For more information on registration contact Charissa Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 740.289.2071 Ext. 132.
For more information on hops contact Brad Bergefurd at email@example.com or at 740.289.2071 Ext. 136.